Thursday 17 March 2016

What's in a word...



Hello beautiful souls! 

This week, someone I know posted an interesting question in a spiritual group I'm in. It had to do with what your definition of freedom is and whether you feel you are free or not. I found this interesting on many levels, because when I asked myself whether I felt free or not - the answer surprised me..because by the definition I have come to know of freedom, theoretically my answer should have been the polar opposite!

So I ask you...are you free? And how do you know this?

For me freedom is bigger than being able to go and do what you want, when you want it. It is bigger than getting out of a situation that is restricting you. It is bigger than just about everything.

The definition I arrived at, had a distinct spiritual feel to it, as after all what is bigger than your soul?! I feel you are free when you acknowledge, accept, and express yourself in your entirety - authentically, 100% purely, you. Because at the end of the day, if you are not acknowledging all of you, loving the shizz out of every aspect, every cell of you...who else is going to? If you are not loving the totality of you, are you truly present to your every experience, living purely, gratefully? I don't know that you can.

Like everything else I've come to know, freedom is a journey. It may feel that freedom comes and goes depending on life experiences. But I feel that if the freedom you are experiencing is not on a soul level, then I don't think this is true freedom. To experience the kind of freedom I am talking about, you don't need to spend the rest of your life in meditation, you don't need to be living alone. You do need to start to believe in your worth, to know that you are here for a reason - a very big one! No one can do you like you! Your particular set of skills and gifts are part of what makes you uniquely you. 

Life is a journey, and so is the experience of soul level freedom. Learn, grow, expand, stretch, and above all love you, all of you.

Xxx
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment